Carrabba's Italian Grill was founded by Johnny Carrabba and Damian Mandola in Houston, Texas in 1986. The restaurant features hand-prepared family recipes made from the finest ingredients and prepared to order in an exhibition kitchen. The success of Carrabba's led to the popular PBS cooking show Cucina!, starring Carrabba and Mandola, as well as a series of companion cookbooks. There are currently 240 Carrabba's Italian Grill locations around the country.
Offering Italian-inspired cuisine passed down from our founders’ family recipes, Carrabba’s uses only the best ingredients to prepare fresh and handmade dishes cooked to order in a lively exhibition kitchen. Featuring a wood-burning grill inspired by the many tastes of Italy, customers can enjoy signature dishes, including Chicken Bryan, Spiedino di Mare and a fresh twist on an Italian Classic, Wood-grilled Chicken Marsala. Carrabba’s was voted #1 Italian in the 2014 Consumer Picks Survey by Nation’s Restaurant News.
MAMMA'S POT ROAST
Carrabba's Italian Grill Recipe
1 (3-4 lb.) beef chuck or rump
8 large garlic cloves, each cut into thick slices
24 to 30 Italian parsley leaves
kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
all purpose flour
1 carrot, peeled and coarsely chopped
1 celery rib, coarsely chopped
1 small yellow onion, peeled and coarsely chopped
4 large garlic cloves, peeled and coarsely chopped
2 cups boiling water
1/2 cup Italian parsley leaves
Heat the oven to 325 degrees. Pierce meat all over with a paring knife. Insert a piece of garlic and a few parsley leaves into the pierce marks. Season meat very well with salt and pepper, rubbing seasoning into the meat very well. Let seasoned meat sit for 30 minutes.
Heat the oil in a large roasting pan over medium high heat. Meanwhile, flour the meat all over. Add the meat to the pan and brown on all sides, being careful not to scorch it. About halfway through the browning process, add the carrot, celery, onion and coarsely chopped garlic and let the vegetables brown a little.
When the vegetables and meat are brown, add the water and the parsley to the pan and cover. Place the pan in the oven and roast for 3 to 4 hours, turning the meat every hour until tender
This roast is best if made the day before, sliced cold and arranged in the pan. Remove the hardened fat from the gravy. Pour the de-fatted gravy over the roast, cover and heat in a 325 degree oven until warm. Arrange the roast on a serving platter. Pour the gravy over the roast and serve.
Carrabba's Italian Grill Recipe
1/2 ounce clarified butter
pinch of salt and white pepper
pinch finely chopped garlic
1/4 cup diced tomatoes
2 ounces sliced mushrooms
heavy pinch of scallions
5 ounces fresh fettuccine
Saute sliced mushrooms in a little olive oil. Add pinches of salt and black pepper. Sprinkle parsley on mushrooms right before you pull the mushrooms off the stove. Heat 1/2 ounce clarified butter. Add shrimp, rubbed with white pepper and salt. Cook until done.
While shrimp are cooking, place fresh fettuccine in salted boiling water. Cook for one minute.
Add shrimp, fettuccine, mushrooms, and remaining ingredients into saute pan with Alfredo. Add cheese and cook for 30 to 45 seconds to meld flavors. Ladle 4 ounces of Alfredo sauce into saute pan. Heat until it starts to boil around the edges. Remove from heat.
Carrabba's Copycat Recipe
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
3 ounces pancetta, sliced 1/4-inch thick, then cut into 1/4-inch dice
3 garlic cloves, peeled
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1 (35 oz.) can whole peeled Italian tomatoes with their juices, crushed by hand
pinch of sugar
salt and freshly ground pepper (go easy on the salt as the cheese is too salty)
1/4 cup Romano cheese**
In a large saucepan, heat the oil. Sauté the diced pancetta with the garlic and crushed red pepper over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 5 minutes.
Add the tomato paste and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the canned tomatoes with their juices. Stir in the sugar and, season with salt and pepper and bring to a boil. Simmer the sauce over low heat, stirring occasionally, until it thickens and is reduced to 3 cups, about 30 minutes. Add the cheese now.
**Important add Romano cheese 1/4 at the end of the cooking period
Carrabba’s menu features a variety of new dishes and several wine-inspired favorites starting at just $13.9, including a choice of housemade soup or side salad:
- Pollo al Prosecco – Prosecco battered, panko crusted chicken, sauteed and topped with Bocelli Prosecco cream sauce, bacon, sundried tomatoes and scallions
- Chianti-Glazed Salmon on a Cedar Plank – Salmon glazed with Gabbiano Chianti then roasted in a wood-fired oven on a wine-soaked cedar plank served with roasted grapes and a side of broccoli
- Sirloin Marsala with Crab Cake –6 oz. wood-grilled sirloin topped with mushrooms, prosciutto and housemade Lombardo Marsala wine sauce. Paired with a jumbo lump crab cake and roasted red bell pepper sauce.
- Prosciutto-Wrapped Pork Tenderloin – Medallions of pork tenderloin wood-grilled and topped with a port wine fig sauce
- Champagne Shrimp and Scallop Linguine – Pan-seared shrimp and scallops with mushrooms and roasted bell peppers, tossed in a champagne cream sauce
Vino Italiano doesn’t end with food. It also includes innovative wine-infused cocktails worth toasting:
- Chianti Kiss – Solerno Blood Orange liqueur from Sicily, Disaronno and Captain Morgan spiced rum, mixed with pineapple and cranberry juices topped with a touch of Chianti.
- Toast of Tuscany – Housemade Limoncello, Bocelli Sparkling Prosecco and cranberry juice, with a hint of fresh lemon.
To celebrate one of the most important seasons of Italy, Italian wine harvest, Carrabba’s is offering $10 off all bottles of wine during the month of October.
CLASSICS & CREATIONS $14.90
For a limited time, enjoy a Classic Carrabba's dish with a bold new creation. That's two great tastes on one plate along with either soup or salad.
- Classic Chicken Bryan Wood grilled chicken topped with goat cheese, sun dried tomatoes, basil and lemon butter sauce.
- New Creation Proscuitto Wrapped Pork Tenderloin wood grilled pork medallions topped with a port wine fig sauce.
- Classic Lasagna fresh pasta layered with pomodoro sauce, bolognese meat sauce and Italian cheeses.
- New Creation Pollo La Scala sauteed chicken topped with a white wine, mascarpone and roasted bell pepper sauce.
- Classic Chicken Parmesan chicken coated with breadcrumbs, sauteed and topped with pomodoro sauce and mozzarella cheese.
- New Creation Baked Ravioli Parmesan panko breaded ravioli filled with 5 Italian cheeses, lightly fried the baked and topped with pomodoro sauce, romano and mozzarella cheeses.
- Classic Sirloin Marsala wood grilled sirloin topped with mushrooms, prosciutto and Marsala wine sauce.
- New Creation Mahi Wulfe lightly breaded mahi, wood grilled and topped with artrichokes, sun dried tomatoes and basil lemon butter sauce.