Carrabba's Italian Grill was founded by Johnny Carrabba and Damian Mandola in Houston, Texas in 1986. The restaurant features hand-prepared family recipes made from the finest ingredients and prepared to order in an exhibition kitchen. The success of Carrabba's led to the popular PBS cooking show Cucina!, starring Carrabba and Mandola, as well as a series of companion cookbooks. There are currently 240 Carrabba's Italian Grill locations around the country.

Offering Italian-inspired cuisine passed down from our founders’ family recipes, Carrabba’s uses only the best ingredients to prepare fresh and handmade dishes cooked to order in a lively exhibition kitchen. Featuring a wood-burning grill inspired by the many tastes of Italy, customers can enjoy signature dishes, including Chicken Bryan, Spiedino di Mare and a fresh twist on an Italian Classic, Wood-grilled Chicken Marsala. Carrabba’s was voted #1 Italian in the 2014 Consumer Picks Survey by Nation’s Restaurant News.

Logo

Logo

Insalata Caesar



Carrabba's Insalata  Caesar

Serves 2

Creamy Parmesan Dressing:
1 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/2 cup buttermilk (regular milk can be substituted)
3 teaspoons minced garlic
2 teaspoons fresh parsley (minced)
1 teaspoon lemon juice

Whisk all ingredients in a small bowl. Refrigerate until serving time to let flavors develop. Serve over Romaine lettuce garnished with croutons and shaved Parmesan cheese

Notes:  Carrabba's allows you to customize your salad with grilled chicken or shrimp.

6 comments:

  1. Thank you very much! Can the leftovers be refrigerated? If so, do you know for how many days would it be good? Thanks again

    ReplyDelete
  2. I make this least once a week. Doesn't taste exactly like carrabba's but is good. I wouldn't refrigerate longer than 3 days before it should be tossed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This recipe is not even close to the real Carrabbas recipe. I have the real recipe from one of the Carrabbas cook book. I wish I had it in front of me to give measurements but it has

    EVOO, 2 egg yolks w/ just a tiny bit of the white, 4 garlic cloves, anchovies, lemon juice, Worcester, redwine vinegar, capers, dry mustard, kosher salt & pepper , a dash of hotsauce.
    Finely cut the garlic, add kosher salt, and EVOO, mash together w/ the back of a fork to until it makes a paste. Add the anchovies (I use paste), and capers to the garlic paste and mash that all together. Now take out your food processor and add all that paste you just made in there, add the egg yolks w/ a tad of the white, pulse that to combine. Now add a few dashes of Worcester, and a dash of hotsauce, add the juice of a lemon, 2tbl red wine vinegar, I think it's 1/4 tsp dry mustard, and the EVOO. Kosher & pepper to taste. And enjoy!! My 3 yr old will eat this right out of the food processor :) hope this helps y'all. I make it all the time so I know I have it very very close. No ingredients missing but measurements may be off. Enjoy :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. I almost forgot the most important ingredient...Parmesan cheese. Add that to all those other ingredients I listed above. Pulse it all together. Yummo!! :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. This recipe is not even close to the real Carrabbas recipe. I have the real recipe from one of the Carrabbas cook book. I wish I had it in front of me to give measurements but it has

    EVOO, 2 egg yolks w/ just a tiny bit of the white, 4 garlic cloves, anchovies, lemon juice, Worcester, redwine vinegar, capers, dry mustard, kosher salt & pepper , a dash of hotsauce.
    Finely cut the garlic, add kosher salt, and EVOO, mash together w/ the back of a fork to until it makes a paste. Add the anchovies (I use paste), and capers to the garlic paste and mash that all together. Now take out your food processor and add all that paste you just made in there, add the egg yolks w/ a tad of the white, pulse that to combine. Now add a few dashes of Worcester, and a dash of hotsauce, add the juice of a lemon, 2tbl red wine vinegar, I think it's 1/4 tsp dry mustard, and the EVOO. Kosher & pepper to taste. And enjoy!! My 3 yr old will eat this right out of the food processor :) hope this helps y'all. I make it all the time so I know I have it very very close. No ingredients missing but measurements may be off. Enjoy :))

    ReplyDelete